If you’re on the fence about getting your own solar oven for outdoor cooking, or you’re new to the process and want to be able to list all of the benefits of utilizing a solar oven instead of a fire, you’ve come to the right place.
Benefits of Solar Ovens
- Fuel-free, planet-friendly: The only fuel ever required is sunshine.
- Easy: If you can use a crockpot, you can cook with the most solar ovens. No burning. Food is tasty and they’re generally easy to clean up.
- Feed a crowd or be more flexible with food content: With many solar ovens, such as the Solavore Sport, you can fill multiple pots you can feed 8-10 people or use each pot for a different type of food.
- Healthy: Food cooks slowly, no boiling. No vitamins leached away. And you’ll notice the taste difference: moist, tender, and intense flavors.
- Safe: No fire or smoke. It won’t tip over or blow over. Curious little hands won’t get burned.
- Portable: At just 9 pounds, take it with you. Dinner’s ready before you get your hiking boots off!
- Fun: Nobody is stuck in the kitchen. The Sport – and the sun – do the work.
- Be prepared: Solar ovens can pasteurize water and cook dinner in the event of a disaster or emergency.
Can you think of any other benefits of solar ovens?