The Mittleider Gardening Course
Regular price Sale price $23.98
Teaches the practical at-home application of Nature's Immutable Laws of Plant Growth. Provides simple straight-forward instruction and illustrations on the Mittleider System of vegetable and fruit production.
Mittleider Gardening Course
The most educationally sound gardening book available anywhere.
Essential Gardening Course for Preppers and HomesteadersThe purpose of The Mittleider Gardening Course is to help you take advantage of Dr. Jacob R. Mittleider's 55 years of gardening experience so you can be a successful and well prepared gardener - a garden genius in your own right. Dr. Mittleider strongly believes the best way to become an expert gardener is by doing. So this course is designed to help you do just that. Newest edition. Edited, revised and updated by James B. Kennard, with many revisions, updates, and improvements incorporated right into the pages, and new appendices including illustrations of an inexpensive and effective in-the-garden greenhouse. The first printing was a collaboration between several BYU Educators and Dr. Mittleider, and this edition has the benefit of an additional 15 years’ experience and wisdom. Provides simple straight-forward instruction and illustrations on every element of the Mittleider System of growing. Teaches all the basic topics plus 15 advanced topics, such as cold-weather gardening, pruning for maximum yields, growing plants vertically, solutions to common gardening problems such as controlling bugs and diseases, understanding fertilizers, home seedling production, building an inexpensive greenhouse and more.
Is the Mittleider Method for me?Ask yourself the following questions to decide if the Mittleider Method is for you: Do you want to:
- produce a large quantity of food in a small area of land?
- minimize gardening time and effort?
- garden with only simple gardening tools (so I won't need to invest in expensive equipment)?
- conserve water?
- achieve uniform plant growth and raise healthy, attractive plants?
- minimize weeding time?
- make sure my plants are getting the nutrients they need for optimum growth (no matter what my soil is like)?
- harvest two or three crops each year?
- grow any vegetable, in any climate, with minimal water and effort per unit of produce?