Orders/More Info: CALL | EMAIL
In part 3 of our indoor prepper garden series, we’re covering beets and how to grow them in your home or apartment in just a few easy steps. Beets are another indoor-friendly plant that you can grow with very little expense. Before following these steps, you want to familiarize yourself with the basics of indoor gardeneing.
Beets require little sunlight, so you can grow them nearly anywhere, even in shady areas. Just make sure you have a 3 gallon or larger pot that drains through the bottom. Once you’ve found a good spot to plant and you have your container, you’re ready to start growing beets. Follow these simple steps:
- Soak your seeds for 24 hours to germinate.
- Fill your container to the rim with soil.
- Press your finger into the soil to create a hole roughly ½ inch deep.
- Drop the seed into the hole.
- Create another hole for a second seed roughly one inch away from the first.
- Continue sowing seeds until you’ve sewn all of the seeds you wanted to sow.
- Pat soil over the seeds.
- Lightly water the seeds.
It’s worth noting that younger beets — those that are about 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter — arguably taste better and are softer than larger beets.
Orders/More Info: CALL | EMAIL (c)Copyright 2017 Well Prepared